Followers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Not so GIRLY!

Yesterday was the oh so famous Black Friday and I spent the day home to my crafting and bogging. I must admit that I didn't have a babysitter or else I would of gone to at least one store to get my dose of madness!
Today I would like to share this card that I made for my niece. She is such a sweet girl and I love the way that she is not too girly; yet she still has her touch of girly. She will not wear dresses anymore but is not a total tomboy. So I made this card and tried to make it not so girly. The papers are Marjolaine from BasicGrey; I have layered my panels and given them a bit of a doodle on each one. Also added bling swirls, pearls, a great big bow, and  some buttons with cord.
When I first saw this image from Saturated Canary it immediately reminded me of my niece with those glasses and her big eyes and little smirky face. Her name is Ivy and you can find her HERE. I have colored her with Copics but did not jot down the colors...Sorry : ( Wish I had cuz I am really liking her hair.
 The inside has complimentary papers with ribbon band and the doodle lines also.
 The ticket sentiment is from Whimsy, stamped on kraft, inked around the edges and with a touch of bling.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
SaturatedCanary- Anything Goes 
Moving Along With The Times- Ribbons and Bows 
Pals Paper Arts - Pearls
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Buttons
Fab 'n' Funky -  #100 Happy Birthday
House of Gilli - Flourishes
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Some Tickets
Stamps R Us - Bling It On   
Paper Sundaes - Beautiful Bows

Thanks for stopping by; and hope you have a wonderful weekend:0)

Hugs;
Janette

18 comments:

  1. Love it!! Don't you just hate it when you really like something you did and you can't repeat it!
    Sorry you didn't get to join in on the shopping...I headed out Thursday night and it was CRAZY!! Now hubby is hunting for the next two days so I'm inside with the kiddos and were gonna start decorating for Christmas.
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! I love your colouring and how you added your bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janette this is a really gorgeous card. Your colouring is amazing....very envious. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous sweetie I love love love the image of course & the papers are fabulous. I love the colours.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this card!!! I'm a sucker for this stamp company! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisa PSDT
    My Crafting Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic design!!! Love the greens and the blues (definitely not girly)...and you've colored just perfectly. Great job

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janette, this card is gorgeous!! I absolutely love it! That little girl with those awesome glasses is just the cutest thing ever! Great coloring job. Here hair really does rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! LOVE her hair and those papers are lush!!
    Thanks for playing along at Saturated Canary Challenges!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, love the image, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this Janette! Fab image and beautiful colouring! The paper, layout and layering looks gorgeous and love the delish bow!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a gorgeous card, love the papers, love the image, love swirl, all of it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Preciosa, me gustan mucho los colores que elegiste y como lo coloreaste.
    Una tarjeta grandiosa!
    CariƱos,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geesh! You've been such a busy girl! I missed Black Friday too! But thank goodness, I heard it was sticky and dangerous! I was sad when my neice stopped wearing dresses too! The sewing and layering on this one is outstanding and so inspirational too! Hmmmm! I may have to try this type of layout!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card, love the image and funky papers

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for Debs 'Ribbons & Bows' and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is just way too fabulous for words!! LOVE IT!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Image !!
    Tks for joining us this week at the House of GILLI Flourishes Challenge !
    Hugs,Yone
    http://artesdayone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me SMILE:)