Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sweet Christmas Dreams

Once more Tuesday has rolled in like if we were on a time machine going fast forward! Yesterday was Halloween and we took the kids trick or treating but after about an hour of it they were ready to head back home. The weather was just right and it was fun seeing how Gavino my 3 year old kept on saying "Truco o Caramelo" which he picked up watching Dora. I couldn't help but giggle when the people giving the treats would ask...What?
Well being Tuesday means that there is a new challenge over at TOP TIP TUESDAY plus Samantha has a fun tutorial for you on making Background papers with Impressibilitie.
Our challenge this week is: Get inky making your own papers or background.

I must admit that my impressions are not as defined as I would have expected; most likely there needs to be more pressure when running it through my cuddlebug. Anywho it did the trick and I used some distressed inks to make the snowflake pattern be more visible. So without further delay here is my card!

I have used images from my Magnolia Fall kit; I am on a mission to use them all on my cards this holiday season. So today I have used 4! Yeah I know! 
Here is a little bit of a side view so you can see the detail on the embossed panel and all the distressed edges with the added stickles.
Here is the inside of the card where I have placed the sentiment, hanging mini Tilda and the leafs with little hearts. Also I have glimmer misted the inside using the same Impressibilitie as on the front.
Image was colored with Copics: Hair E27,35,31 Skin:YR01, E00,000, R20 Green: YG99,G82,40 
Reds: socks R59,27,22/ hearts R59,46,35 Dress: E31, YR30 Outline: E35,31,30, YR30
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Created Crop- Recipe: Christmas, girls, banners, markers, polka dots, kraft, gemstones, glimmer mists, glitter, lace, twine.
Pink ink Sketch- Sketch
Maggie Lovers- Christmas using brown and red
Heart Song Inspirations -Embossing and/or 3 or More Layers
The Pink Elephant - Distressing
Craft Your Passion - BINGO* Punch, Sentiment,  Bling Gems
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Card Makin' Mamas - die cuts; snowflake punch
Just Magnolia -Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

If you come and play with us at TTT you will be in the running for prizes from the following sponsors:
 

Thanks for stopping by and if you are still awake after this super long post; I am so happy to share that I was a winner at Catered Crop for the last challenge; and also made top 3 at Card Makin Mamas...so super excited:0)
BIG hugs;
Janette

12 comments:

  1. Super bonita Janette! Es adorable y que bien la coloreaste!!!!!!!! Me gustan todos los detalles que le pusiste, son encantadores. Gracias por decirnos que colores has utilizado, para mi es una gran guía, te lo agradezco mucho!!!
    Un gran cariño
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janette, your card is STUNNING!! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious Janette, this is TOO cute, I love that her dress is white and the glittery snow flakes are perfect in the corner! I may have to try that! Love getting inspired, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janette, this is such a gorgeous card! Lovely little Tilda image and all those fabulous layers, plus embossing. Love it all! Thanks for playing along at Heart Song this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janette this card is just gorgeous. Your colouring looks amazing and the colour choices of your card are too pretty! Thanks for joining and sharing with us at our first Maggie Lovers Challenge. Hugs from Bron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, lovely colouring. Thanks so much for joining the Christmas challenge at Just Magnolia this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us for our Embossing and/or 3 (or more) layers challenge on Heart Song Inspirations. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW girly..this is gorgeous!
    I do think this Tilda is sooo sweet and pretty.
    Lovin' those snowflakes and the pretty lace.

    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a giveaway, we have 4 prizes this month, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is another super cute card! Your coloring is just gorgeous!


    I love seeing how you were inspired by my projects!

    ~Cheryl~ (Guest Chef for the Catered Crop)
    ** Check out my blog candy **

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnolia is in the house! I love it, and you did such an amazing, amazing job with her. Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love all your vintage touches. I'm so glad I got to know you through Catered Crop - thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aloha LaJanette,
    This card is so BEAUTIFUL! I love the lil details you have put in this card. Amazing Work! 2 months ago I have given you an award and I wasn't sure if you got it? Thanks for all your sweet comments.
    Big Hug,
    Rez
    Karezma Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me SMILE:)