Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

WOW! Feliz Navidad Edwin

Today I would like to share my first WOW card; that is White On White. I basically got every whit embellishment that I had and put it on this card..he he he. I did not have any white DP so I have gone the easy route and embossed some of my PTI cardstock. I have layered all of my pieces onto vellum and given them a small tint on the edges with Weathered Wood DI.

For my scene I have used my clubkit Fall 2010. I have done this scene by masking off my images; I tell ya; I am not very fond of the masking; I think I prefer mounting my images on pop dots. But I do see how this is good for when you want to keep your card a bit more flat. Also I have added very pale lines to my ribbon with my Copics(very hard to see in picture) I just wanted to give my card a little extra depth. I have also tucked in a circle sentiment done by Marion; she has so generously made this and other Spanish sentiments....FOR FREE. Thanks Sweets! Check out her blog; she has other FAB freebies in English too. So here is my card....
 Here I was trying to capture the real nice shimmer that I got from spraying the entire card with Tattered Angels mist in Pearl. You can also see I have added one of the crochet flowers my grandma Paulita has done for me. I think it will be very hard to give this card away....
I will be entering my card in the following challenges for they have inspired me to do this card:
TOMIC:Masking
PTI Make it Monday: Custom Copic Ribbon
Totally Tilda: Pearls, Swirls, Ribbon, Lace
Simon Says Stamp: All White
DUSU?: Embossing

Til next time!

Hugs;
Janette

16 comments:

  1. cuantos detalles y que bellos! Me encanta!
    CariƱos

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card! I like the soft colors!

    Hugs Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely card Janette. Just enough colour on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Janette this card is just so stunning - really really effective. Your colouring is just beautiful I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Janette such an adorable EDWIN creation but sadly does not qualify for our Totally Tilda chall..you need to use a TILDA image sweetie...You have intill Sat 13th Aug 12 noon GMT to re enter this chall theme..we at totally Tilda hope to see your stunning Tilda creations soon.

    Christine entry manager TT DT & girlies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..this is a fabulous WOW card Janette!
    Love the embossing and the ribbon, and all the other little details which add depth to the white areas.
    Your grandmas crochet flower is gorgeous and i would also not want to part with this card.

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the icy swirl above his head and your great use of white textures.
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!!! Love how your image stands out against the all white background and your coloring is stunning!!! Whoever gets this will want to keep it forever!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I really like this sketch the way you've done it with the different whites, great take on it! And I love Christmas cards, so it's A+ all around for me, thanks so much for sharing with us at MDUC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up and good luck.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a unique & pretty holiday card! Thank you for joining our EMBOSS IT challenge at DYSU. It’s a pleasure to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, hun.....love the scene that you have created!
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week :o)
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, I just love the images you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I love your colouring...WOW!!!! The rhinestone flourish really adds to this card! Very pretty! THANKS for joining us at SIMON SAYS STAMP this week!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow sweetie amazing card!!! love Edwin!! thanks for using my freebies!!
    hugs
    xMx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me SMILE:)